How to Keep Your Toothbrush Clean
Your toothbrush is one of the most valuable tools you have at your disposal to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Even though you do need to see an expert in dental cleaning in Los Angeles at least twice a year for a professional cleaning and exam, you need to take care of your teeth on your own time to make sure no oral health problems develop. But just like any other tool, you need to take care of your toothbrush so that it can get the job done.
Chances are that you store your toothbrush in your bathroom, which can be a breeding ground for bacteria due to the moist and warm environment. These bacteria can settle on your toothbrush, but you can take certain measures to ensure that these harmful bacteria do not interfere with your oral hygiene routine.
Here are some tips for keeping your toothbrush clean:
• Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap before handling your toothbrush
• After brushing, rinse your toothbrush with warm water and store it upright to dry
• Do not share a toothbrush with anyone since this can spread germs
• Replace your toothbrush once every three to four months or after you have been sick
• After using the toilet, keep the lid down since leaving it up could send a spray of bacteria into the air
A damaged toothbrush can cause more harm than good if you use it to clean your teeth. Take care of your toothbrush, and your teeth will thank you for it.
Back to Blog